Pad Thai Noodles
|Pad thai noodles||14 oz/1 packet||cook for 15 mins in warm water|
|Napa cabbage||1/2 small||shredded|
|Garlic||7-8 medium cloves||minced|
|Red chili flakes||to taste|
|Green onions||1 bunch||chopped|
|Roasted peanuts||7-8 tbsp||broken|
|For the sauce:|
|Brown sugar||2-3 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||2 medium|
|Soy sauce||8 tbsp|
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a pan and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce is slightly thick
- Sauté the red chili flakes, garlic, carrots and broccoli for a few minutes
- Add the sauce, tofu and noodles. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, chopped green onions and a sprig of cilantro
The cooked noodles should be slightly chewy but not mushy. You can add the noodles to the pot of water after you turn off the heat and let it soak for 15 minutes. Keep checking in between to make sure noodles don't over cook.