- In little oil, fry coriander and cumin seeds until aromatic. Add mustard seeds, fennel seeds, fenugreek, peppers, for 1 minute.
- Then add curry leaves, red chilis, onion, garlic, and ginger until onion is transparent
- Allow mixture to cool, then grind to smooth paste with coconut and water
- Heat oil once more, add onions, and fry for few minutes
- Add the spice mix and bring to boil
- Reduce heat and add turmeric, tamarind, jaggery, and little water if needed
- Cook for 5 minutes then add paneer
- Garnish with cilantro and tadka, serve with rotis or rice