|Eggplant||2 medium, long||cut into wedges|
|Sesame seeds||2 tbsp||roasted|
|Ginger garlic paste||1-2 tsp|
|Tamarind paste||1 tbsp|
|Brown sugar||1/2 tsp or little more|
|Coriander powder||to taste|
|Cumin powder||to taste|
|Red chili powder||to taste|
|Indian seasoning||red chilis, curry leaves||turmeric|
- Grind the roasted peanuts, sesame seeds and coconut to smooth paste.
- Roast the eggplant in 1 tbsp oil until partly soft and charred. Keep aside.
- Fry onion, ginger garlic paste and red chilis in seasoning
- Add all the spices (coriander, cumin and red chili powder) with salt and cook until onions are brown
- Add 2-2.5 cups of water, tamarind paste, brown sugar and bring to boil
- Add the peanut paste and eggplant
- Cook on low flame until eggplant is completely soft