Makes: 1 medium box
- Mix dry ingredients first
- Heat oil in a shallow pan on medium (or 4 on our electric stove)
- Add hot oil and crush any balls into powder
- Add yogurt to a small portion of flour and knead into a medium ball
- Stuff dough inside and press into oil
- Flip once and remove when it reaches a dark orange color
Don't mix everything at once, dough will dry out. Make only 1 ball at a time. Taste the dough, it should be really salty/spicy/tangy for murukku to come out well. Add citric acid if yogurt isn't sufficient.