|Butternut squash||1 large|
|Coconut milk||13oz can|
|Curry powder||to taste||optional|
|Coconut flakes||toasted||for garnish|
|Red chili flakes||to taste|
- Cut squash in half (where bulb meets the neck), then peel. Slice in half again, remove seeds. chop into even cubes.
- Fry onions, chili flakes, garlic, and ginger with salt for 5 minutes
- Add squash to the pot, with coconut milk along with chopped cilantro stems, cover with 3 cups water and bring to boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until squash is cooked.
- Blend the soup to smooth consistency.
- Garnish with croutons, season with salt, and squeeze lime juice. Garnish with cilantro.