- Chop pecans into fine pieces in food processor
- Mix all crumb layer ingredients until well combined, set aside
- Add salt, baking soda, and baking powder to flour
- Whisk for 2 minutes until combined
- Combine sugar and room temperature butter with spatula in separate bowl
- Add 1 egg at a time and whisk until incorporated
- Whisk again after adding vanilla and sour cream
- Add flour mixture and mix until no flour is left. Do not over-mix.
- Spread half batter in pie dish, no need to grease
- Add 1/2 crumb mixture and press lightly into batter
- Add second layer of batter and spread with spoon/butter knife
- Top with remaining crumb mixture and bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes
At 45 minute mark check with toothpick. Add 5-10 minutes until it comes out clean.