- Caramelize onions in 2 tbsp oil, 1/2 cup water, and some salt in the 3 qt pan
- After onions break down, remove the lid. Keep stirring and pressing onions until browned, will take around 20 minutes
- In the meantime, melt butter and 2 tbsp oil in a 6 qt pot. Add chopped mushrooms and let them become browned on one side, then toss once and let them fry well
- Add the onions, garlic, white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cream.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste, add cheese, and mix.
- Add the cooked pasta. Top with cheese, zest and fresh pepper before serving