Makes about 2 cups
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar, garlic cloves, soy sauce, and red chili powder to a pan.
- Heat on medium while stirring to dissolve the sugar. Bring it to a boil and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sambal Olek and mix through. Reduce heat and cook until slightly thick (2 minutes).
- Mix the cornstarch and water into a smooth slurry and add to the sauce.
- Stir frequently and simmer the sauce for a further 2 – 5 minutes. If it becomes too thick, add some water.
- Allow to cool and store in the fridge in a clear glass jar.
- Use in Sweet Chili Tofu and as a dipping sauce for momos, dumplings, etc.