- Slice eggplants into 1/4 in slices and toss with salt. Spread on a baking sheet and roast at 300F for 40 min
- Dry roast the pepper, coriander seeds, cloves, and caraway seeds. Grind to powder.
- In the same pan, fry cinnamon, bay leaf, and caraway seeds lightly in mustard oil and ghee
- Add turmeric and asafoetida. Then add onion and green chilies, cook for a minute
- Add the shredded garlic, spice powder and mix. Add diced tomatoes, cook with a closed lid for 5 minutes
- Add in the eggplant slices along with the stock, a little salt, and red chili powder
- Close the lid and cook until the eggplant is done.
- Adjust salt and sugar to taste and garnish with cilantro