Serves: 3 - 4
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Microwave potato for 4 minutes tossing once in between. Toss with little oil and salt. Place on one side of the baking sheet.
- Toss cauliflower also with oil and salt and place on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Roast at 400F for about 30 minutes. Check on cauliflower at 25 min and remove if done. Return baking sheet to oven and cook until potatoes are done.
- Optionally, broil on low for 2 minutes if the top isn't browned
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and fry cardamom, bay leaf with asafoetida
- Mix the spice powders in some water, add the masala paste and cook well
- After a minute, add the chopped ginger and green chili. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes
- Whisk yogurt with chickpea flour and little water if needed. Add to the pan and bring to boil
- Remove the whole spices and add the chopped cilantro stems
- Adjust salt, sugar, and red chili powder to taste. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Finally, mix in the roasted vegetables and garnish with cilantro leaves and kasuri methi