Serves: 3 - 4
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Microwave potato for 2 minutes. Toss with little oil and salt. Place on one side of the baking sheet.
- Toss cauliflower also with oil and salt and place on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Roast at 400F for about 20 minutes. Check on cauliflower and remove if roasted. Return baking sheet to oven and cook until potatoes are done.
- Optionally, broil on low for 2 minutes if the top isn't browned
- Heat oil in a pan and fry cardamom, bay leaf with asafoetida
- Add the masala paste and cook well
- After few minutes, add the ginger and green chili. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes
- Whisk yogurt with chickpea flour and little water if needed. Add to the pan and bring to boil
- Remove the whole spices and add the chopped cilantro stems
- Adjust salt, sugar, and red chili powder to taste. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Finally, mix in the roasted vegetables and garnish with cilantro leaves and kasuri methi