Makes: 4 biscuits
- Combine all the dry ingredients for biscuits in a bowl. Add the heavy cream and mix to a shaggy dough. DO NOT KNEAD.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and shape it into a rough square shape.
- Cut into 4 equal parts and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes until golden
- While the biscuits are baking, make the gravy
- Fry mushrooms in butter, add salt and cook until browned, reduce heat
- Add flour and toss well until mushrooms are coated
- Now add milk and bring to a simmer (stirring all the while). Add more milk to reach desired consistency.
- Season heavily with pepper, add sage and adjust salt to taste
- Ladle over warm biscuits and garnish with sliced green onions or chives