Serves: 4 - 6
- Fry mushrooms until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and leave oil behind.
- Fry the onion in the same pan until very soft, starting to brown. Add garlic and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add vinegar and continue to cook until it evaporates. Now add the water and mushrooms and bring to boil
- Blend cashews, miso, and 2 cups of soup (with mushrooms) to smooth paste and add back to the pot
- Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, adjust salt and pepper to taste
- Mix garlic, oil, thyme, and pepper in a small pan, and bring to a simmer until garlic is golden. Season with salt and drizzle onto the soup