- Fry cashews for a few minutes in plenty of oil to desired crunchiness and set aside
- Add cinnamon, mace & cloves to the same pan and fry till fragrant. Remove from the oil and grind the fried spices along with peanuts, sesame & melon seeds to a paste.
- To the spice oil, add fennel seeds, onion, turmeric and cook until well done, then add ginger and garlic
- Once alliums are fried, add tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes
- Then add the ground paste, salt, cumin, coriander & red chili powders and cook for a few minutes
- Add chopped peppers and cook until peppers are desired consistency (crunchy or soft)
- Add lemon juice, adjust salt and red chili powder to taste & garnish with cilantro and fried cashews