- Toast the coriander and cumin seeds for a minute, then add curry leaves. Mix well
- Add the onion and salt, and cook until the spices darken and the onion browns.
- Add garlic, ginger, and serrano and cook for 1 - 2 minutes
- Then add the spice powders and tomato paste. Add water to deglaze, then add the tomatoes and some more salt
- Cook for 5 minutes until the oil starts to separate
- Pour in the chickpeas, coconut milk, tahini, sugar, and enough water to cover everything. Close the lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes while stirring occasionally
- Remove the greens from the stem/rib, roll them tightly, and slice them into thin strips
- Add the chopped greens to the pot and let them wilt for 5 minutes
- Add the garam masala, and turn off the heat. Garnish with lemon juice, cilantro, and mint leaves
- Serve hot with roti or over rice
Sub any hardy greens of choice instead of kale - swiss chard, red kale, collard greens, mustard greens, etc.